Tourism includes different activities of persons traveling to places outside their usual environment for leisure and other purposes. In 2013, 565212 tourists visited Pakistan which contributed $298 million, while in 2018 it has risen to over 1.9 million tourists.
Pakistan is appealing tourist excitement with the beauty of landscapes, varied culture, historical places and religious significance. Beauty of Pakistan is very diverse. Its landscape ranges from mountains in the north, the Himalayas and Karakorum to rich plains of Punjab.
Pakistan is blessed with cultural tourism and religious tourism. All countries do their best to enhance tourism. Tourism industry is among the largest industries in the world. Thousands of tourists from west visit Pakistan and go to Swat Valley, Kashmir, Naltar Valley, Shangrila resort, Hunza Valley, Neelam Valley, Lake Saif-ul-Malook, Concordia, Mohenjo-daro, Mazar-e-Quaid.
The fascinating regional and local cultures of Pakistan including local food, regional daces, cultural clothes, and the hospitality of people of Pakistan is a message of peace for tourists. Islamabad the capital of Pakistan has major attraction for tourists where the Margalla Hills, Damon-e-Koh, Rawal Lake, National art gallery and Faisal Mosque which is a master piece of architecture are the best and famous tourist destinations.
THE EFFECT OF TOURISM ON TOURIST INDUSTRY:
Unfortunately, in the past Pakistan was badly affected by terrorism which had bad impact on tourist industry. Now the government of Pakistan contributed a lot in the enhancement of tourism. They announced to provide visa facility to different countries of Pakistan. Need of the hour is to introduce the tourist destinations of Pakistan so that foreign tourists can visit Pakistan in large numbers. This will promote a positive image of the country.
HEAVENLY PLACES IN PAKISTAN TO VISIT:
- Neelam Valley: Neelam valley is the most attractive place due to its greenery, streams, lakes, and mountains. Its famous places are Kutton Jagran, Ratti Gali Lake, and Arang Kel.
- Lake Saif-ul-Malook: It is located at the Northern of Kaghan Valley. The view of lake and surrounding mountains is breathtaking.
- Swat Valley: The beauty of Sawat valley is worth seeing. It is the land of Enchanting Beauty. The archeology and history is the major attraction of this valley.
- Concordia: This paradise is located in north along the border of China. Peaks of the tallest mountains of Pakistan can be seen from Concordia.
- Hunza Valley: One of the most beautiful places of Pakistan. It is known as the Heaven on the Earth. It is surrounded by Rakaposhi, Ultar Sar, Ghenta SAR and many others.
- Mohenjo-Daro: It is also known as “Mound of the Dead Men.” This site has great archaeological importance. It is a ground of mounds.
- Mazar-e-Quaid: The mausoleum of Quaid. It is a place to remember the person who was behind the independence of Pakistan.
In Pakistan tourism is getting better and better as soon as the law in order is getting better. The government is paying serious attention to boost the economic condition by enhancing tourism. Moreover, the current situation of tourism could be improved by rehabilitating our historical places, by improving our infra-structure and by organizing campaigns to attract people to visit Pakistan.